Bloody Bones

October is the beginning of my favorite time of the year.  The air gets crisp.  Green gives way to oranges, reds, yellows and browns.  The rustle of leaves.  My favorite holiday, Halloween, which brings us things that go bump in the night, this month's Blog Carnival.

With that I decided to jump ahead thru my collection of Dragon Magazine, to issue # 138, which brings us a crypt full of undead creatures.


Bloody Bones
Medium undead, neutral evil
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 19 (3d8+6)
Speed 30 ft.



STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
10 (+0)
14 (+2)
15 (+2)
6 (−2)
8 (−1)
5 (−3)

Damage Vulnerabilities bludgeoning
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
Languages understands all languages it knew in life but can’t speak
Challenge ½ (100 XP)


Horrifying Visage.  Each non-undead creature within 60 feet of the bloody bones that can see it must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute.  A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success.  If a target’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to this bloody bone’s Horrifying Visage for the next 24 hours.

Actions

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.


Bloody bones are the undead, animated corpses of evil criminals cursed to continue their horrid trade long after they should have died. They look like bloody skeletons with a few shreds of flesh hanging on the bones. In fact, they resemble corpses left hanging on gibbets (a traditional punishment for criminals).  Bloody bones lair in hidden caves or deep concealed pits. They venture forth only to kill and rob victims.


Comments

  1. I don't know if it is just my browser but the stat block bleeds over into the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I didn't notice that before. I was just trying out a new format on my stat blocks that I didn't use before. I changed the size of the columns to fit better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aasimar